Preparing Your Home for a Photography Shoot
- Remove clutter from bookshelves, fireplace mantles, coffee tables, bedrooms, kids’ rooms, kitchen, and anywhere else photographs will be taken.
- Remove personal or family photographs.
- Open all window coverings to make rooms appear brighter and larger.
- Turn on all lights and replace all burned out light bulbs.
- Conceal garbage and recycle containers.
- Clear kitchen counter tops and remove all pictures and magnets from refrigerator.
- Keep floor coverings such as throw rugs to a minimum.
- Remove table coverings.
- Remove all signs of pets including food/water bowls, pet beds, chew toys, crates, etc.
- Clear bathroom counter tops, lower toilet lids, and put out decorative towels.
- Empty shower or tub of soaps, shampoos, shaving items, caddies, etc.
- Hide valuables and medications.
- Conceal all trash, yard waste and recycle bins.
- Move vehicles out of driveways and away from the front of the property.
- Make sure hedges, shrubs, lawn etc. are neatly trimmed and leaves are raked.
- Add fresh mulch or rocks around shrubs.
- Remove all weeds from garden beds and cracks in sidewalks and driveway.
- Power wash sidewalks and driveway.
- Clean porch / lanai areas and put out a new and clean doormat.
- Install potted plants around porch / lanai.
- Conceal gardening tools, mowers etc.
- Remove or coil hoses.
- Remove kids’ toys and/or pet toys.
- Open patio umbrellas and set out cushions.
- Clean up all pet feces (photographer may walk through yard/garden to get various shots).