Preparing Your Home for a Photography Shoot
- Remove clutter from bookshelves, fireplace mantles, coffee tables, bedrooms, kitchen, and anywhere else photographs will be taken. Clear tables and desks in the office especially important and private papers.
- Remove personal or family photographs that are placed on tables.
- Turn on all lights and replace all burned out light bulbs. Turn off all ceiling fans.
- Make sure all beds are made with bedspreads and throws. Enhance beds with decorative pillows and pillow shams to make the bedrooms inviting.
- Add fresh flowers in vases throughout the house.
- Remove garbage containers and waste pails from all rooms including the bathrooms.
- Clear kitchen counter tops and remove all pictures and magnets from refrigerator.
- Keep floor coverings such as throw rugs to a minimum. Less is better.
- Remove all signs of pets including food/water bowls, pet beds, chew toys, crates, etc.
- Clear bathroom counter tops of all items and lower toilet lids.
- Empty showers and tubs of soaps, shampoos, shaving items, caddies, and all personal items.
- Hide valuables and medications.
- All windows, mirrors and shower enclosures should be clean. If not, smudges may show up in the images, and this is not something that can be fixed in Photoshop.
- Clean all appliances, especially stainless steel. Stainless steel smudges cannot be fixed in Photoshop.
- Wipe fingerprints off doors, door trim, and walls.
- Conceal all trash, yard waste and recycle bins.
- Move vehicles out of driveways and away from the front of the property.
- Make sure hedges, shrubs, lawn etc. are neatly trimmed and leaves are raked. Cut the grass.
- Add fresh mulch or rocks around shrubs.
- Remove all weeds from garden beds and cracks in sidewalks and driveway.
- Power wash sidewalks and driveway.
- Turn on garage lights and front door lights.
- Clean porch / lanai areas. Add potted plants and comfy chairs on porch and lanai areas.
- Remove gardening tools, mowers, coiled hoses, kids’ toys, and pet toys etc.
- Open patio umbrellas and set out cushions.
- Clean up all pet feces. We walk throughout the yard taking various shots of the front and back of the house sometimes BEFORE we enter your home.
Truth in Images
What is displayed online is what prospective Buyers see. Unless we know for sure something will be fixed, cleaned or corrected in any way, we don’t change it in post-production in Photoshop. Realtors are required to adhere to truthful images. Since they hire us, so we need to adhere to that as well. What you will receive are high resolution images that are a true representation of your home.